Forum Title: Replacement Window Panes
I know the company that made my windows is no longer in business and have two panes that need replacing. What is best approach to locate replacements?
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: DENISE RICHARDSON (Melbourne, FL), 01/14/2019

If you remove the casing, take a sawzall and cut through the shims, cutting all the nails holding the prehung frame to the rough opening, and simply turn the entire thing around, you will reverse the in swing to outswing, and the hinge from right to left. (When viewed from the original side).

- KIRK RODGERS (Redondo Beach, CA), 02/27/2019

Not sure what IGU means. These are thermal pane windows, one is a fixed window, one is double hung, noticed some fogging today. I'm assuming that the pane is simply replaced into the existing window?

- GERALD MURPHY (St. Joseph, MO), 02/15/2019

IGU = Insulated Glazing Unit, or thermopane. Yes, they would disassemble it and insert the new one in your frame.

- AARON BROOKS (Provo, UT), 02/20/2019

Homeowner Remodeling Resource Guide & Helpful Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527